I love the Winter. Not because of the snow, mostly because whenever it is Winter I know my birthday is coming around soon.
In my part of Germany we didn’t have a single day of snow so far. So I thought, why not make something according to the sad
mood out there. I wanted something to cheer me up and the Snowman Cookieballs where born.
What you need
1/2 Pkg. (4oz.) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
1 Pkg. Jell-O Chocolat Instant Pudding
1/2 Cup Cold Milk
36 Oreo Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 Cups)
1 Pkg Mini Oreos
1Pkg White Candy Melts
Edible Food Writer (I use Americolors but every bigger GroceryStore should have some in the baking isle)
Since we don’t have most of the ingredients called for I had to adapt. I used Mascarpone instead of CreamCheese which is almost the same texture, well the Oreos we do have for a couple of months now, which is fantastic =) and since we don’t have non-cook Jello I had to use real pudding but it worked just fine and since we don’t have CandyMelts I just used regular baking chocolate.
How to do it
1. Beat pudding mix and milk in medium bowl with whisk for 2 minutes.
2. Add cookie crumbs and cream cheese and mix well.
3. Shape into 42 (1 inch) Balls and line up neatly on parchment paper lined baking sheet.
4. Freeze for 20-30 minutes.
5. Melt the white candymelts.
6. Retrieve your frozen Cookieballs. Spoon the melted chocolat over the top of the cookie balls, so it runs down and forms a puddle underneath. This really doesn’t have to be perfect since afterall our snowman are melted ^^ while still wet, add a Oreo Cookie as hat for our Snowman.
7. Let the chocolate harden completely. Use your Edible Food Writers and draw one some silly faces.
Voilà, funny melted Snowman Cookieballs.