You know Christmas is long gone, but while I was looking throught pictures I found one of my very favourite christmas things. Baked Apples with Caramel / Vanilla Sauce.
My Mum used to make them whenever we would come in after a day outside in the snow playing and riding our sleds. So even though it is May already I though I share this recipe with you, cause it is always nice to have something that makes you feel cosy and warm from the inside, and this recipe is just that.
I gave this recipe a new spin and added caramel as well as vanilla sauce and some marshmallows on top and made it really easy, fast and simple… But see for yourself…
doesn’t this look delicious? I say, happy baking…
Baked Apples with Marshmallows and Caramel Sauce
- 4 large good baking apples, such as Rome Beauty, Golden Delicious, or Jonagold
- 1 can of Betty Crocker Coconut Pecan Frosting
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- Mini Marshmallows (as much as you like about 1 1/2 cup)
- 1 Cup nuts (which ever you like best, I used hazelnuts)
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 3/4 cup boiling water
How to do it… after the break =)
How to >>
- Wash the apples and core them. Don’t slice them in half, just cut out the core from the top to the bottom.
- Prepare a large baking dish and assort the cored apples in it.
- Mix the Pecan Frosting, Cinnamon and Raisins and stuff them in the apple holes.
- Top with some nuts and the marshmallows and put in the oven.
Bake at 400 Degrees until the apples are soft and the marshmallows nice and brown. Prepare some Jello Vanilla Sauce and enjoy.